Chromecast setup Guide 2018: If you have a TV, chances are you have seen advertisements where people display their phone stuff on TV with the click of a button or maybe just sliding their finger on their touchscreen. You might have thought to yourself how this actually works. Well, if you were wondering it was the TV doing amazing things, you are partly right. Your TV is doing amazing stuff by casting your phone’s contents on it, but it does so with the help of an external device that you need to connect to it.
There are many such devices available in the market today, developed by some of the greatest companies around the world. One such device, developed by Google, is Chromecast. Today we will teach you Chromecast setup to cast videos on to your TV or a PC.
What Exactly is Chromecast?
Chromecast is a small device that lets you cast your phone’s or computer’s or even a tablet’s display on the TV screen. Why do I need this, you ask? Well, primarily to get a better viewing experience, in HD to 4K resolutions on an HDR television set. Chromecast is different from connecting your smartphone or computer manually and is more efficient because you can get rid of all the cables and manual setting up each time. A Chromecast lets you wirelessly stream almost anything on the TV screen by your smartphone or computer.
How expensive is the Chromecast Device?
A normal second-generation Chromecast could cost you around 2700 to 3000 INR, while the second generation ultra HD Chromecast would cost you around 7000 INR. Although it might sound rather too expensive, the ultra HD Chromecast supports 4K streaming and can be worth it if you like to watch your images and videos that way.
If you are planning on buying a Chromecast or have already purchased one, our article could be a great Chromecast setup guide for you.
Chromecast setup Guide 2018 For casting your phone :
If you want to cast your phone on your HD television set, here are the few easy steps you need to follow:
- Sign in to your Google account. (If you already are signed in, jump to step 2)
- Go to Play Store and install Google Home app (It’s 12.52 MB. Might take a few minutes)
- Open the app and choose the account you want to use the Google Home app with. If you do not use multiple accounts on your phone, you will not be prompted to choose anything.
- Give the app location access.
- It will then ask you to turn on Wi-Fi. Make sure your Wi-Fi is switched on and let your phone connect to it.
- Once your setup is done, click on the left menu icon and select “Cast Screen/Audio”
- Click on the blue “Cast Screen/Audio” button. It will start looking for devices, so you need to plug your device in first. To do so, get your Chromecast out and follow Step 8.
- Plug in the smaller side of the USB cable that your Chromecast box comes with, into the Chromecast.
- The bigger end of the USB cable can be connected in two ways. It can either be plugged into the Television’s USB port directly or it can be plugged into the adapter which can be plugged into an external source of power. It is advisable to use the adapter and an external power source as TV cannot supply enough power for the Chromecast.
- The Chromecast has an HDMI end, plug that into one of the HDMI slots of your TV. This completes your hardware connection.
- Getting back on the software part, now that the app will be able to find the device, follow the instructions accordingly and continue doing what you are said to do.
- Once the set up is done. Open the app of your choice and click on the ‘cast’ icon which you should see on the phone screen somewhere around the top portion. And you will see your phone’s display mirrored on your TV screen.
- You can lock your phone and keep it aside while you are casting a video on TV
Chromecast setup Guide 2018 For casting your PC / Laptop :
In order to cast your computer, laptop, all you need is a Google Chrome app and follow these basic steps:
- Go to the Chrome store
- Look for Chromecast add-on
- Install it on your laptop
- Now, whenever you want to cast something on your TV screen, click on that add-on you would find on the top right corner around the taskbar.
- Voila! You will now see your phone’s screen on the TV with so much better resolution!
This was the Chromecast.com Setup Guide for you. It is a pretty simple task and we hope it helped.